Thursday, May 28, 2009

is anybody out there?

What an interesting day...

While at school, we were forced into a fire drill because the alternate generator caught fire/started to billow smoke. It was fun. My room is closest to the generator, so it smelled the worst. We lost power twice while this was going on. I was really hoping for a shortened day, but no luck there.

After getting out of school, text messages began pouring into my phone. At Margaret Brent I don't get signal, so everything waits till I get out. There were so many coming in, and all at once, that my phone became overloaded. By the time I had made it to Staples I had no charge left, whatsoever. Thankfully, someone at my house loves me enough to have brought my charger.

After Staples, I made it home to find a very depressed Greggypoo in the kitchen. He had little dots in his ears, and I couldn't figure it out. He came down to my room with me and told me he had gotten his ears pierced today. I have to say, he'd really look good with earrings. He has that kind of face. But he didn't have any earrings in. Greg-poo told me that because Mom and Dad freaked out a bit, he had to take them out. I think that's bullshit. They argued that in the professional world the senior management are all my father's age, and peircings were only for women, bikers and gays. But that doesn't quite hold up considering several of my fathers's friends his own age have piercings and are in senior management. I think it's just my father's own prejudice. But the story didn't stop there. As Greg tried to right this injustice he made mention that I have had a tattoo in plain sight for 5 months now, and no one has noticed. Furthermore, I have also seemed to manage getting a higher paid job, and work in a field where tattoos are not the norm, but certainly not frowned upon either. Mom knew about the tattoo, Dad has been oblivious for 5 months. So now my father is talking to no one... oh fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment