Monday, July 20, 2009

June was rubbish.

Sorry, but it's true. It seems as though June and most of July was rubbish. In my feeble attempts to resurrect this blog, I will give you one new band a day. This will require quite a bit of work on my part, but I think you're worth it. These will not repeat, nor will they be bands I listen to frequently. These will be new bands, unsigned, or unknown. So here goes:

Today's new Band of the Day is The Blims. The Blims are a four piece band from Bridgend (UK) and describe their music as a "breezy sing-along tune." But in reality, their music is well written and combines acoustic and electric with finesse. While their site isn't fully functional as of yet, you can certainly check out their info and listen to their songs under their media section. They currently have two albums out, their first being "Tell Everybody" and their most recent "Working Class Poetry." Their tunes are certainly catchy and can bring you right out of your work day funk. It seems to be a really fun group whom I would love to see. However, it seems that we'll have to wait for a U.S. tour. Maybe some day! Until then, give them your love!

No comments:

Post a Comment