Thursday, July 23, 2009

Caught in a wave of Harry Potter

Ok, it's not my fault that nothing was posted yesterday. I actually spent quite a bit of time with a friend of mine, catching up on the Harry Potter movies of previous days. I have not seen my computer since about 2 pm yesterday. I apologize.

For you, there are two new bands to try out!

The first is a group I met a while back at a U.S. Royalty concert. While I've listened to Bear Hands live, I really haven't listened to them since. After a few listens, I actually love their group. From what I remember of this group, they are all very personable and uncommonly honest guys. Bear Hands is a sweet little unsigned foursome from Brooklyn, NY. They travel all over the U.S. and abroad. Their upcoming shows include Boston, MA, Hartford, Ct, and a few spots in the U.K. I really like this band, and can't wait to see them again. Check them out, give them some love!

Another one of the bands I've found lately has been SchulzeMeierLehmann. Sound long? Sound German? You'd be right. But the interesting thing about this group has been that they are at least tri-lingual. They speak at least a degree of English, enough to answer Myspace questions, and even more interesting they can speak spanish as well. In their song Tanzflur, they combined both spanish and german in a very interesting match. The down side to this band is that it's a little hard to get tickets, as they play throughout Germany. So if you're heading over somewhere around Freiburg/Mannheim area, check and see if you can catch a show. They're well worth it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment