Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lent

40 days of reflection... 2 weeks in and I've made progress. I'm trying to amend those areas in my life that cause pain, and truly look back at where in life I could have done better. Normal people would have reflected months ago in preparation for their New Years resolutions, but I'm just not that kind of person.

I have come to the conclusion that the formal definition of family no longer need apply to me. I've always been caught up in what others perceive family to be, the blood relations that cheer up their life. It doesn't seem to work like that for me and I've always held a little resentment about that. I've decided to give it up. I've decided that family must be what you make of it, and who you decide should make it up.

I'm letting it go, into the ether... I'm not going to hold on to the anger that had bound my family in this web of hatred and bitterness. I will let it be. Life is too short and far too complicated as it is, I should not add to it.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment