Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Technology is Changing

So, my mother is very proud of herself today, as she should be. My mother is not at all the technology diva, but is slowly coming into the twenty-first century. She started off by learning to use a cell phone, then she learned to text... But today, she bought an iPod. I'm so incredibly proud of her! She's not sure how to use it, but she knows that this is going to save her a hell of a lot in CD scratches.


With that said, there was a time in my not-so-distant past, that I wasn't a fan of iPod. I was fairly certain that the only thing you were getting out of an iPod was an expensive mp3 player with the Apple name attached. I was sooo wrong. I love iPod now. I am a converted soul. I happen to find that the iPod is easier to use, easier to find music in, the system is very responsive, portable and easy to find systems that will work with it. On top of all of that, I use it in my car and it is MARVELOUS! I am sorry I ever doubted this little bit of technology. I now realize the pain I put myself through burning all of those cds.

Ok... accolade of the iPod is done (at least by me).

At least your mother is making an attempt to join the rest of society in the shiny place that is now. Neither one of my parents can truly use their cell phone. Whats cute, is the fact that they both call texting "email", so if Larry is out my parents will keep asking if he's emailed me. I think if either of my parents ask for an iPod, I am pretty sure that means the world is ending sometime in the immediate future.

1 comment: