Wednesday, January 28, 2009

someone to watch over me

So while this blog was created for the random thoughts and whatever that Val & I have through the day. I am going to go a bit on the personal side since this is all I have been able to think about all week.

My grandmother has been in and out of the hospital this past week with pneumonia and it really seems to everyone that she just does not want to go on anymore. Which is truly sad and heartbreaking, because as many problems and conflicts that my mother's family may have through the years, we have always been a close family. Now, here we are watching the woman who has been the glue in that family just give up on everything.

I just feel like there is so much I don't know about her or her life and now that I'm old enough where I can appreciate my family history, its too late.

I know when it finally happens it is going to destroy my mother, and that in itself is going to be heartbreaking for me. I'm trying to prepare myself, but I know its not going to work out like that. I will still feel like I was caught off guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment